According to Sky Sports expert Carl Froch, Anthony Joshua's match with Andy Ruiz Jr was a pivotal moment in his career that could determine his future in the sport.

 According to Sky Sports expert Carl Froch, Anthony Joshua's match with Andy Ruiz Jr was a pivotal moment in his career that could determine his future in the sport.

Sky customers: Buy Ruiz Jr v Joshua 2

Anthony must win if he wants to regain the world heavyweight title. However, another defeat could force him into serious consideration about his next move.

He'll need it. I hope he can put on a career-best performance. We want him to perform well, keep his mind clear, follow a game plan, and win. A knockout against Hasim Rahman like Lennox Lewis would be the ultimate comeback and set the record straight. It would be perfect.

We know what he must do to win. He is a boxer and a mover, and when he landed the left hook he was able to put Ruiz Jr under. But Ruiz Jr has grown in confidence. He has started to believe in his abilities. Instead of asking himself if he can do it, he now believes in himself. Instead of going into the ring thinking, "Can I do it?"

Joshua could lose in a thrilling fight or by a narrow decision. There are still huge opportunities for him. It is possible that we would like to see it again. There are still big fights against Tyson Fury or Deontay Wilder. I would love to see them both.

It all depends on how the defeat was dealt. Joshua would need to answer hard questions if he suffered another loss similar to the first fight. He has enough money, so if he loses two more on the spin, you might have to wonder why he would continue.

I am a man who has never been knocked down. I have been knocked down twice during my career, and I managed to win both times. I don't think I could relate to being knocked off. If someone tells me that I would be knocked out, it's not something I would like to hear.

If I were to get knocked out, it would be immediately. My children and my livelihood are important to me. When it comes to my children, my health is more important that money.

It's not pleasant to get punched in the face. You can book it using your Sky remote or you can book it online. You can still book it and watch it online, even if you don't have Sky TV.


Popular posts from this blog

Many of the rising stars in boxing will face a difficult year, but our Panel believes they will rise to the top.

Carl Froch says Dillian Whyte, who beat Oscar Rivas in heavyweight boxing, is one of the "most fearsome men in heavyweight"

Carl Froch says Dave Coldwell was right to withdraw Jordan Gill from his fight against Enrique Tinoco.